Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: drumming pet peeves

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shedder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2002
    Posts
    533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nikk's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2001
    Posts
    307
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate trying to get my ride cymbal close enough to me without getting the floor tom legs and ride stand legs all tangled up. It's like trying to figure out a damn jigsaw puzzle. I also hate crappy, unbalanced sticks (ie-steve smith model.) Another one is playing on a poor sounding instrument, god that sucks.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    NIKK! LMFAO! That ride stand/FT legs sh** - U NAILED IT!
    ...Just to make matters even MORE interestg, I have a 6x6' rollable riser on which to fit it all [AWA MY phat azz] - that sh** is TOO DA** FUNNY...
    NTM gettin the ride close enough to ya w/out interfering w going to the FT itself.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 25, 2003 01:50 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. I hate putting a dent in a brand new head.

    2. I hate false triggers on digital kits.

    3. I hate when clamps on the digital kit become loose.

    4. I hate hitting my hat, when I wear one, with a stick, while I play.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member five eight's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    924
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've administered a bleeding fat lip to myself with a stick. Almost put out an eye too. Solution: I wear a football helmet now when I play.

    A spark as big as a postage stamp once joined my lip to the wire sphere of a microphone. Solution: a foam mike cover.

    Watch where the legs of your throne are positioned on the stage: I've fallen off the back of a drum riser. Solution: I set up center stage and the singer can stand in the back.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Those were good.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Yuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2002
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate hit my finger in winter when hands are cold.
    I hate playing a snare with a loosy and unsettable timbre.
    I hate playing on a movy barge.
    I do hate forget my HH tilters for a gig...

    However I'm still drumming !!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Flamaque's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2001
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. I hate bad stage monitors (sound).

    2. HUGE stages - Played on several were my bass player was 20 feet away. Hello..ello..llo.lo?

    3.When my thumb is cold and numb. Have to use between the index and middle finger till the feeling gets back.

    4.When the sound man thinks it's cool to put delay on my bass players mix in the monitors....ever try playing with that?..It's like no matter how much faster you play...you can't catch up....lol

    5. When I ask for all blue M&M's and they get me green, yellow & red...man, I hate that.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "I hate false triggers on digital kits"...u got it...AWA mis-triggers [no single note coming thru at all]

    5, that is some funny freekin sh**, as usual...
    & what's even more funny is that i can totally relate to the bloody nose/lip thing...did that a coupla times during a 3 & 1/2 yr rock gig stint back in the early 90's...

    Also, have sandwiched my fingertip/knuckle between the stick & the snare backbeat a coupla times in my day; AWA betw the stick & crash cym [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

    1 time, on a REALLY small stage, the bandleader [a real egoed pr**k] wanted the light cans to hang down behind me [as if the stage wasnt small enough], & I badly burnt the back of my L [snare] arm bumping up against 1 of em [I had argued w him about how f'n stupid the idea was because the stage was so small we had to put the keybrdst on the floor next to it]; he's lucky he was able to walk outta there that night to live to see another gig date]

    Another 1 u guys nailed - your fingers on outdoor gigs on a cold day/night

    & don't 4get THE BIGGEST 1 - gettin stiffed for the amt of $$ that was agreed upon when u r fairly new to the game or just starting out [aka "green"]

    Oh, & BTW; 5...I now give the sangers the option to stand on or next to the light cans/rig, or in the bathroom/port-o-let w a wireless....

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 25, 2003 02:13 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member five eight's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    924
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sympathize, Flamaque, about big stages. How about counting the whole gig because you can't hear ANYTHING because of a non-existent monitor mix?

    Horsewhipping a soundman should be legal. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •